LONDON—Bold African prints and modern designs will come booming down the runway in this never before fashion experience in London. Africa Fashion Week London (AFWL) 2011 will showcase UK and non-UK based seasoned and emerging fashion designers inspired by Africa on the 5th and 6th August 2011 at the Gibson Hall. The event will make history as the biggest platform ever dedicated to African inspired fashion in Europe.
AFWL is a unique experience, open to members of the public who can come enjoy the latest collections and buy from the numerous exhibitors from within the fashion industry who will be parading their wares for sale.
Africa Fashion Week London is a project designed to create a wide exposure and propagation of style, beauty and fashion from an African perspective, in a European environment, thereby creating an atmosphere for cultural exchange—a fusion of western and African cultures, through fashion.
The event will:
- Feature designers from the whole of Africa
- Offer those in the fashion industry a free platform on which to showcase their brands
- Act as an opportunity for fashion designers to network among each other
- Create a portal for new designers to enter into the market and integrate into the international fashion arena
- Highlight the African Textile Industry to a global audience, enhancing development and carving a niche in the global market
- Make African textiles visible to the world by creating an interactive platform that will involve the Media, Manufacturers, Designers, Retailers and Consumers.
Africa Fashion Week London will be attended by fashion designers, milliners, fabric manufacturers and printers, jewelers, beauty range manufacturers, leather goods designers and manufacturers, perfumers, photographers, make-up artists, models, media houses, buyers, local and international press and indeed anyone that has any link with fashion, especially with an African interest.
For General Enquiries please contact: Ronke Ademiluyi at email@example.com.For Media Enquiries please contact: Krystle Epum at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 078 5565 5094